If you need a reason to enjoy a delicious cup of tea here are some things you may not have known about what it can do for your body!
1) Plenty of antioxidants! While all teas have antioxidants, research shows that since white tea is the least processed, it carries the most antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight off the nasty radicals floating around in our bodies that accelerate aging and damage DNA.
2) Stronger bones! Even without adding milk to your tea it can help build stronger bones. Studies have found that over a 10 year period people that drink tea on a regular basis have a stronger bone density and strength than non-drinkers.
3) Kills viruses and bacteria, naturally! Who needs drugs these days just drink a nice warm cup of white tea and watch your cold or flu disappear. The antioxidants that are so abundant in white tea help build the immune system and provide a protection against a variety of invaders. It can even ease the symptoms of HIV!
4) Healthy, sparkling teeth and gums! White tea contains a small amount of fluoride and other nutrients that help keep your teeth and gums strong and healthy and not to mention white! It also kills bacteria which can cause tooth decay, bad breath and plaque.
5) Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure! Researchers have found that not only does drinking white tea thin the blood and improve artery function it also has a group of antioxidants called Catechin that have shown to reduce cholesterol. Catechin in the tea increase the good cholesterol while decreasing the bad, in turn preventing the hardening of arteries and blockage of blood flow.
Drink up and enjoy all the benefits along with it!