15 Tips to reduce water waste
1) Use the garbage disposal sparingly. Compost food waste instead!
2) Wash your face and brush your teeth while in the shower, saves money and time!
3) Shorten your showers by a minute or two!
4) Use a water-efficient showerhead!
5) Turn off the water while brushing your teeth!
6) Run your washer and dishwasher only when they are full!
7) Rinse your razor in the sink with a few inches of warm water instead of running water!
8) Wash your fruits and vegetables over a pan of water and collect the water, then reuse it to water houseplants!
9) Washing dishes by hand, don't leave the water running for rinsing!
10) Keep a bottle or jug of drinking water in the fridge!
11) Don't run the hose while washing your car, fill a bucket up of soapy water, only use the hose for rinsing!
12) Use a broom, not a hose, to clean driveways and sidewalks!
13) Water your lawn only when it needs it, to tell if your lawn needs watering is to step on the grass. If it springs back up when you move, it doesn't need water. If it stays flat, the lawn is ready for watering!
14) Water during the early morning of the day; avoid watering when it's windy!
15) Deep soak your lawn, water long enough to get the roots, if you lightly sprinkle your lawn it will evaporate quickley